Bringing Pastors and Leaders together for encouragement and support through a weekly online meeting
- A place where you are among friends who recognise the unique pressures you have, as a servant of God in the local church.
- A place to talk tactics and find help during the lockdown
- A place to be refreshed and encouraged
It seems our weekly webinar is proving to be a blessing and encouragement to many of you. We are delighted about this as this is our intention and because it is now a regular weekly fixture we have decided to call it ‘Team Talk’ – thanks to our brother Pete Campbell for coming up with the name. The idea is that just as a team needs to get together at half time to talk tactics, be encouraged, inspired and even sorted out by the physio – you need this version of this too as you serve in ministry. The longer our current situation goes on, the more we need each other’s fellowship, as inevitably more challenges will emerge. Being able to talk and pray together is a great blessing and so Team Talk is open to all who are in leadership in the life of a local church.
Tuesday 19th January 2021, 12:30pm
- Topic: Rest for your soul
- Speaker: Bernard Lewis
- ‘Our good friend the recently retired Bernard Lewis picked me up on something I said two weeks ago about how many Church Leaders are tired at this time of year and I guess doubly so because of our current and unfamiliar context. Bernard suggested it might be helpful to have a short presentation that speaks into this. So this Tuesday Bernard has been volunteered to do this 😉 under the title of, ‘Rest for your soul’. When I switched on my computer this morning I saw an add for an article on the seven kinds of rest that apparently we all need. Needless to say it didn’t explore the kind of rest that Bernard will be speaking about and is such a power for good in the life of a Christian leader. Following Bernard’s short talk you will have time to pray and be prayed for. What better way to spend your lunch hour? (Don’t be afraid to bring your lunch along too.)
I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday at 12.30pm for an hour of rich encouragement and fellowship.
God bless you and keep you safe
- This event is free of charge, but you will need to register here if you haven’t previously attended a TeamTalk meeting.
Phil Swann speaking on ‘Brothers in Arms not Brothers at Arms’ – available here
Video of Mark Thomas speaking on ‘Repentance and Faith’ – available here
Video of Ian Parry speaking on ‘Church, Working through the mess’ – available here
Video of Phil Swann on 27th October, ‘Resilience and Serving Christ’ – available here
Video of many contributors on ‘Christmas Outreach in a covid situation’ – available here
Video of John Stephens (FIEC) on 29th September, on ‘Persevering in uncertain times’ – available here.
Video of Kevin Davies speaking on 4 August, on ‘How to seek to address the spiritual needs of young people today?’– available here.
Video and PDFs of Kevin Davies speaking on 21 July, 2020 on ‘The mechanics of reopening‘ – available here
Video of Meirion Thomas speaking on ‘To go back or not to go back… is that really the question?’ (Romans 15:1-7) – available here
Video of Jonny Raine speaking on “Reasons to Keep Going (The answer is Jesus!)” (Hebrews 1:1-3) – available here
Video of Kevin Davies speaking on ‘Back to school – practical and pastoral considerations’ – available here
Video of Matt Bownds speaking on ‘Self Care in Ministry‘ – available here
Video of John Perry and Sam Oldridge speaking on ‘Priorities from Philippians 1′ – available here
Video of Eryl Davies speaking on ‘The interplay of doctrines during covid-19′ – available here
Video of Peter Milsom speaking on ‘Shepherding God’s Flock in a Changing World’ – available here
A paper has been produced from the meeting that dealt with ‘Preaching during the lockdown’ – available here
Video of Mike Reeves speaking on ‘The Fear of the Lord’. – available here
Video of Phil Swann speaking on – ‘Keeping Unity during Lockdown’ – available here