SCROLL DOWN FOR BOOKING FORM
The Bala Conference is for pastors, missionaries and evangelists who love Christ and want to see the gospel at work in people’s lives, whether serving full-time or ‘tent-making.’
We are delighted to welcome you to this year’s Bala Ministers Conference after a practical break of two years. The last two years have been challenging times for everyone and for those of us in ministry it has presented unique challenges as well as opportunities of the Gospel. All this has probably come at a cost to you personally and it is likely that you feel the need for refreshment and fellowship. Our prayer is that this year’s conference will be an opportunity for just this.
If you have not been before or for a while, the Bala conference is for pastors who love Christ and want to see the gospel at work in people’s lives. As a Pastor you will be warmly welcomed, whatever your background and given the opportunity to join with other Bible-believing, cross-centred and Christ-loving men from across Wales and the UK for prayer, ministry, and fellowship. Our aim is to bless by encouraging and equipping you personally to serve where God has put you as we enjoy and build fellowship together.
As we reconnect with one another we plan to also reconnect with the encouraging theme of God’s power at work in His church. We are delighted to have Stuart Olyott take our main sessions where he will look at, ‘Experiential Christianity in the life of the ordinary pastor’. Other contributors are Jonathan Thomas, Mark Thomas, and Ian Parry. We also have a session with a representative of a mission agency at work in Iran.
At this conference you will find stunning views, warm hospitality, great food, an opportunity to relax and a wonderful time of fellowship and ministry. We therefore extend a very warm Welsh welcome!
Phil Swann (on behalf of the organising team)
Speakers and session details
- Main sessions ‘Experiential Christianity in the life of the ordinary pastor’ (Stuart Olyott)
- ‘Living outside a time of revival’ (Ian Parry)
- ‘The delights and dangers of revival theology’ (Jonathan Thomas)
- Dynamic Holiness (Mark Thomas)
- God’s Power at work in the Mission field
Monday (13 June)
- 12.00 – Arrive
- 13.00 – Lunch
- 14.00 – Experiential Christianity in the life of the ordinary pastor 1 (Stuart Olyott)
- 15.30 – Refreshments
- 16.00 – Prayer Groups
- 18.00 – Evening Meal
- 19.30 – Dynamic Holiness (Mark Thomas)
Tuesday (14 June)
- 8.00 – Breakfast
- 9.00 – Prayer Meeting
- 10.30 – Coffee
- 11.00 – Experiential Christianity in the life of the ordinary pastor 2 (Stuart Olyott)
- 13.00 – Lunch
- 14.00 – Free afternoon with activities
- 16.00 – ‘The delights and dangers of revival theology’ (Jonathan Thomas)
- 18.00 – Evening Meal
- 19.30 – God’s Power at work in the Mission Field
Wednesday (15 June)
- 7.30 – Breakfast
- 8.30 – Prayer Meeting
- 9.45 – ‘Living outside a time of revival’ (Ian Parry)
- 11.30 – Bacon Butties
- 12.00 – Experiential Christianity in the life of the ordinary pastor 3 (Stuart Olyott)
Accommodation and Cost
On-site with accommodation, meals and full use of the centre facilities
- Full Conference £170
- Part Conference (Monday to Tuesday Evening) £136
- Part Conference (Tuesday Morning to Wednesday Lunch) £136
- Off-site (Full use of the conference centre facilities and option to purchase meals)
- Full Conference Offsite £105
- Day Visitor Off Site £55 (per day)
- Lunch £9
- Evening meal £11
Terms and Conditions
All bookings must be made online or by post. The non-refundable deposit must be made at time of booking for the conference. The booking form must be completed fully and truthfully. Bookings will be dealt with from 1 April 2022. You will receive confirmation of booking within 28 days. All correspondence will be sent by email if an email address has been provided. Payment of the balance must be received by 31 May 2022 and can be made by credit/debit card, cheque or online. You are responsible for ensuring the balance is paid by the due date. If payment is not received by the due date your booking may be cancelled.
If you wish to change your booking please contact the EMW office immediately who will try to meet your request. We reserve the right to charge £5 per alteration. Please note places are not transferable.
If you wish to cancel your conference booking please contact the EMW office immediately.
Sliding scale of amount refunded when booking is cancelled:
- 56 days or more before conference starts: Full fees (less deposits)
- 55-29 days before conference starts: 75% of fees (less deposits)
- 28-8 days before conference starts: 50% of fees (less deposits)
- 7 days or less before conference starts: 25% of fees (less deposits)
Full fees (less deposit) will be refunded for certified illness on receipt of proof. Please inform the EMW office immediately then send proof to: EMW North Wales Office.
We will be following the guidelines given by the Welsh government at the time of the conference. Our guidelines will be sent out before the conference to the group leader. If the conference is cancelled prior to its start due to a review of the covid regulations at the time, we will offer a full refund (minus a £10 administrative charge).
The Conference is covered by the EMW’s public liability insurance.
Your privacy is taken seriously. Your personal information is used to administer your account and provide the products/services you have requested. Occasionally we will contact you with details of other EMW products/services if you indicate you would like this. You can unsubscribe at any point and we will never pass your information to third-parties.