Do you have a leadership role within your church?
Do you often find yourself facing challenging pastoral issues?
Would you like help and encouragement?
The Barnabas Group – Exploring Pastoral Care for today
The Barnabas Group is an opportunity for church leaders and their wives to explore some of the pastoral challenges we often feel under resourced or equipped to respond to. We hope that the Barnabas Group will provide help and encouragement in response to some of these areas. Support is given through a webinar (short for Web-based seminar) where a presentation and seminar is transmitted over the Web using video conferencing software. The webinar will have interactive elements where individuals can give, receive and discuss information in real-time.
Each session will include:
- Information and Training from a Christian with experience in the field;
- An opportunity to ask questions;
The meetings are open to those who are in a leadership role and/or have a pastoral responsibility within the Church. This includes Pastors, Elders, Officers and their wives/husbands.
- 7.30pm Monday, 11 March 2019
- Understanding Addiction
- The webinar will deal with definitions of addictions, the course of common addictions (such as alcohol and drug addiction) and how best to support those who suffer with addiction.
- Speaker: Dr. Keron Fletcher, retired NHS Consultant Addictions Psychiatrist and elder at Shrewsbury Evangelical Church
- To register your place, click here
Topics Covered so far:
- Internet Pornography
- Domestic Abuse
- Marriage Problems
- Prison Ministry
- Learning Difficulties and Pastoral Care
- ‘Pastoral Care for hard to reach families’
Want more information?
Contact the North Wales Office.