The Barnabas Group – Exploring Pastoral Care for today
The Barnabas Group is an opportunity for church leaders and their wives to explore some of the pastoral challenges we often feel under resourced or equipped to respond to. We hope that the Barnabas Group will provide help and encouragement in response to some of these areas. Support is given through a webinar (short for Web-based seminar) where a presentation and seminar is transmitted over the Web using video conferencing software. The webinar will have interactive elements where individuals can give, receive and discuss information in real-time.
Each session will include:
- Information and Training from a Christian with experience in the field;
- An opportunity to ask questions;
The meetings are open to those who are in a leadership role and/or have a pastoral responsibility within the Church. This includes Pastors, Elders, Officers and their wives/husbands.
A list of webinars that have been held can be seen here
During the Covid-19 situation, we have dealt with some practical issues during our online TeamTalk meetings. For more information and to see the recordings available from those sessions, please visit this page.
- A Biblical and Pastoral Response to Domestic Abuse
- A brief introduction to addiction.
- Suicide – a pastoral response
- ‘Holding hands in the dark’ – Partnering with Christians with depression
Want more information?
Contact the North Wales Office.