Do you have a leadership role within your church?
Do you often find yourself facing challenging pastoral issues?
Would you like help and encouragement?
Would you like fellowship with other Church leaders in a similar situation?
The Barnabas Group – Exploring Pastoral Care for today
The Barnabas Group is an opportunity for local church leaders and their wives to explore some of the pastoral challenges we often feel under resourced or equipped to respond to. We hope that the Barnabas Group will provide help and encouragement in response to some of these areas.
The meeting should last around two hours and light refreshments will be provided. No booking is necessary and there is no official cost, although we appreciate a contribution towards costs if you are able to do so (via a box in the venue). These sessions will not be recorded and will not be available online after the event.
Each session will include:
- Information and Training from a Christian with experience in the field;
- An opportunity to discuss and ask questions;
- An opportunity to share for prayer and support;
- Fellowship with other leaders and their wives who are in similar situation.
The meetings are open to those who are in a leadership role and/or have a pastoral responsibility within the Church. This includes Pastors, Elders, Officers and their wives/husbands.
Mid Wales – 16 October, 7.30pm – POSTPONED DUE TO THE WEATHER
- Llandrindod Wells (New Life Church, Five Ways Spa Road East, Llandrindod Wells LD1 5ES)
- ‘Pastoral Care in a crisis’
- Speaker – Pete Campbell
- Pete is pastor of Fron evangelical church, Penrhyndeudraeth and has had first hand experience of dealing with major pastoral crisis. He will share his experience and look at some of the principles and practical implications of dealing with pastoral crisis.
Topics Covered so far:
- Internet Pornography
- Domestic Abuse
- Marriage Problems
- Prison Ministry
- Learning Difficulties and Pastoral Care
- ‘Pastoral Care for hard to reach families’