For posters, slides and flyers, click here
The Church Training Days 2019
Real help for real situations.
The Church Training Days are designed to help Churches and Christians in Wales in a very real way. Biblically based, and with a clear focus on the gospel we aim to bring men and women together from all over Wales for a day of encouragement and resourcing. Whilst there is plenty of time for fellowship with other gospel Christians, the day is packed with seminars, workshops and preaching sessions aimed specifically at helping people in the day to day ministry of church life. The knowledgeable speakers will bring honest practical and tailored support giving fresh ideas to help and inspire your church to be faithful to Christ.
Main Speakers – Mark Thomas, James Sercombe, Robert Thomas, Rhun Murphy
Other speakers include – Andrew Norbury, Trystan Hallam, Phil Swann, Steffan Job, Andy Pitt, Ian Middlemist, Elspeth Pitt, Dafydd Job, Mike and Pearl O’Brien, Peter Milsom, Gwawr Thomas, Gareth Davies, Matt Francis, Michael Teutsch.
Who is the day for?
The day is for anyone who has a specific role in their church. Churches often bring several their members to make the most of the day. From the pastor to the treasurer and from the Sunday school teacher to the elder. There is tailored support for so many church roles.
Why a training day?
There are so many important and vital roles in the church – especially one that is to function in our society today. As churches we can often feel isolated, having to face our tasks and ministries alone, but there is so much that we can learn and share with each other. The day aims to provide support and gives opportunity to share resources and ideas for the various tasks within a 21st century church.
Where and When?
We run two days (one in the North and one in the South) both starting at 10am and finishing at 4pm.
- North Wales – 19 January – Sure Hope Church, Colwyn Bay [more information]
- South Wales – 26 January – SONY Centre, Bridgend [more information]
What is the structure of the day and how does it work?
The day is split up into five main sessions. The first and last sessions are preaching services where everybody joins together to worship God and listen to his word. You will be part of a smaller group during the middle two sessions as you have a choice of a different track (Church leaders, children or youth worker) and different seminars within those tracks. The seminars are interactive giving you an opportunity to share and ask questions.
- 10.00 – Preaching Session – Mark Thomas
- 11.00 – Refreshments
- 11.15 – Morning seminars (including Children and youth work track)
- 12.30 – Lunch (Please bring your own)
- 1.15 – Evangelism an exciting story (Robert Thomas and Ian Middlemist)
- 1.45 – Afternoon seminars (including Children and youth work track)
- 3.00 – Preaching Session (Rhun Murphy – North, James Sercombe – South)
- 4.00 – Finish
- More information here
- Youth and Children work (Andy Pitt)
- A glow in the darkness – Depression and the Church (Philip Swann)
- Preaching Christ – Why, How and When (Philip Swann)
- Women of Encouragement (Gwawr Thomas and Elspeth Pitt)
- Deacons in Action – dynamic servants of the Lord and his people. (for secretaries and deacons) (Peter Milsom)
- Managing Church funds (Pearl and Mike O’Brien)
- Handling the Bible (Michael Teutsch)
- Thinking Biblically about Church Music (Andrew Norbury and Dafydd Job)
- Rethinking the prayer patterns of the Church (Matt Francis)
- Doing Social Media Well (Gareth Davies)
- Finding eternity in the hearts of men – Evangelism in Wales today (Steffan Job)
- Side by side with the Spirit – the role of the Christian leader in pastoring people (Trystan Hallam)
- Life with Screens (Matt Francis)
Booking, Pricing and Poster
There is no need to pay at this point (a link or invoice will be sent to your church) [more information]