Real help for real situations.
The Church Training Days are designed to help Churches and Christians in Wales in a very real way. Biblically based, and with a clear focus on the gospel we aim to bring men and women together from all over Wales for a day of encouragement and resourcing. Whilst there is plenty of time for fellowship with other gospel Christians, the day is packed with seminars, workshops and preaching sessions aimed specifically at helping people in the day to day ministry of church life. The knowledgeable speakers will bring honest practical and tailored support, giving fresh ideas to help and inspire your church to be faithful to Christ.
Who is the day for?
The day is for anyone who has a specific role in their church. Churches often bring several their members to make the most of the day. From the pastor to the treasurer and from the Sunday school teacher to the elder. There is tailored support for so many church roles. This year we have tracks specifically for:
- Elders: e.g. ‘Is my leadership healthy?’, ‘Calling and caring for a pastor’
- Children and Youth (Sunday School teachers, youth group leaders etc.): e.g. ‘Who moved the goalposts! – Supporting young people in a changing society’
- Deacons (Secretary, Treasurer, Safeguarding Officer etc.): e.g. ‘Help, I’m a deacon!’, ‘Safeguarding’
- Outreach (Evangelists, evangelism co-ordinator etc.): e.g. ‘Evangelism in a box’, ‘Here’s what we did’
- Preaching (Pastors, small group leaders, elders etc.): e.g. ‘Making do with what you’ve got’
- Pastoral Care: e.g. ‘Developing a pastoral strategy’
Why a training day?
There are so many important and vital roles in the church – especially one that is to function in our society today. As churches we can often feel isolated, having to face our tasks and ministries alone, but there is so much that we can learn and share with each other. The day aims to provide support and gives opportunity to share resources and ideas for the various tasks within a 21st century church.
Where and When?
We run two days (one in the North and one in the South) both starting at 10am and finishing at 4pm.
- North Wales – 18 January – Sure Hope Church, Colwyn Bay [more information]
- South Wales – 25 January – Waterfront Church, Langdon Rd, Swansea SA1 8QY [more information]
What is the structure of the day and how does it work?
The day is split up into five main sessions. The first and last sessions are preaching services where everybody joins together to worship God and listen to His Word. You will be part of a smaller group during the middle two sessions as you have a choice of a different track (Church leaders, children or youth worker) and different seminars within those tracks. The seminars are interactive giving you an opportunity to share and ask questions.
- 10.00 – Preaching Session
- 11.00 – Refreshments
- 11.15 – Morning seminars (including Children and youth work track)
- 12.30 – Lunch (Please bring your own)
- 1.30 – Afternoon seminars (including Children and youth work track)
- 3.00 – Preaching Session
- 4.00 – Finish
Do I need to book?
Yes please! Follow the link here to book, but you will not be charged at this point. Further information and a paying link will be sent once you have booked.
How much does it cost?
Prices vary on the number of people that attend from your church. We also offer discounted rates for those who need this service.
- 1 person – £25 (£15 discounted)
- 2 people – £48 (£25 discounted)
- 3 people – £70
- 4 people – £90
- 5 people – £110
- 6 or more people – £130
Listen to audio from previous events here