The Church Training Days are back, giving the opportunity for church leaders to be encouraged, equipped, and resourced to serve Christ in their local Church.
There are so many important and vital leadership roles in the church – especially one that is to function in our society today. As Churches we can often feel isolated, having to face our tasks and ministries alone, but there is so much that we can learn and share with each other. Church Leaders are vital servants of gospel churches but often find it challenging to juggle secular work, family life and the demands of serving in church. The morning aims to provide support and gives opportunity to share resources and ideas for the various tasks within a 21st century church.
The morning is open to all who serve as leaders in their local church as Elders, Deacons, Leaders in Evangelism and Children/Youth ministries, and any others who may benefit from the day.
A morning to meet with other leaders from gospel churches across your region. Programme:
9:30 – Arrive
10:00 – Encouragement from the word
10:45 – Bacon Butties and drinks
11:15 – Seminar 1 (Elders, Deacons, Evangelism, Children and Young People, Miscellaneous)
12:10 – Seminar 2 (Elders, Deacons, Evangelism, Children and Young People, Miscellaneous)
13:00 – Finish
Bible Encouragement (first session)
- Jonathan Hodgins (North)
- Ian Parry (South)
- Gareth Lewis (FIEC Wales) and Phil Swann will offer two deeply practical sessions that will equip elders to pastorally care for their brothers and sisters.
- 1) ‘Preaching to pastoral needs’ – Gareth Lewis
- 2) ‘Pastoral supervision’ – Phil Swann
- Gavin Smith works for Christ Church Newport and has set up the Church Office to offer advice and support to those who are involved ‘behind the scenes’ in ministry – especially administrative and organisational tasks. Gavin will lead both seminars.
- Andy Pitt ministers in Newport and has been encouraging and helping churches with evangelism for many years. He will be leading both seminars:
- 1) Considering the potential positives and pitfalls of actively engaging with our local authority without compromising our Christian values and beliefs.
- 2) What does evangelism in our local churches currently look like? Are we purely events driven or is mission an ongoing/ daily part of our local church DNA?
Youth and Children Track
- A track for those who are involved in Youth and Children work.
- Seminar 1 – Catrin Trollope has recently started working for the EMW to develop resources for young people. In this seminar she will be sharing the results of her research with young people, sharing how we can support them with gospel resources. (North and South)
- Seminar 2 North – Sarah Smethurst (school teacher) will be joined by a group of young people to share ‘What’s it like to be a young person in school in 2023?’ This seminar is sure to be an eye opener to us as we seek to support teenagers. (North Wales)
- Seminar 2 South – John Funnell will show we can use social media to encourage young Christians, and reach out to non-Christians.
- An extra general track to support leaders!
- 1) Overcoming difficulties in prayer – Gareth Lewis
- 2) Building resilience in ministry – Phil Swann
- North Wales – Saturday Morning 13 January @ Bryn-y-groes Conference Centre, Y Bala, LL23 7YE
- South Wales – Saturday Morning 27 January @ Christchurch Centre, Newport NP20 5PP
Book your place now by purchasing a ticket (£10 each) via our online shop – https://emwbooks.com/collections/emw-events
Listen to audio from previous events here