Real help for real situations
A day to challenge, equip and encourage those who have a role in church.
The Church Training Days 2018
Made to shine – the Church flourishing in gospel days
Main Speaker – Ian Parry
North Wales – 20 January @ Sure Hope Church, Colwyn Bay (Doors open 9.30)
South Wales – 27 January @ Union Campus, Bridgend (Doors open 9.30)
The Days are an opportunity for:
- Honest and practical Biblical teaching
- Fellowship with other gospel leaders
- Fresh ideas to help and inspire
- Interactive sessions with opportunities to discuss and ask questions
- Tailored sessions to all leadership roles
- Experienced and knowledgeable speakers
- Hear what is going on in other parts of the country
- Resources to help and equip in ministry
Why a training day?
Being a leader of a church is a big responsibility. We are called to hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, to care for the church and to live a life above reproach. We are aware of our own weakness, but are also confident that God has given us everything we need for this great task. At the conference there will be faithful teaching through preaching sessions and seminars. We warmly invite you to join us at the Church leaders training day. It will be a day of biblical training, honest Christian advice and warm fellowship. Put simply – it will be a day to help you.
The day is for those who have a leadership ministry in a church be that as a pastor, elder, officer, youth leader or any other role that leads. Churches often bring a number of their officers and elders to make the most of the day. It is also a great way of encouraging fellowship between each other and between gospel churches.
Where and When?
We run two days (one in the North 20 January Colwyn Bay and one in the South 27 January Bridgend) both starting at 10.00 am and finishing 4pm.
What is the structure of the day and how does it work?
The day is split up into five main sessions. The first and last sessions are preaching services where everybody joins together to worship God and listen to his word.You will be part of a smaller group during the middle two sessions as you have a choice of a different track (Church leaders, children or youth worker) and different seminars within those tracks. The seminars are interactive giving you an opportunity to share and ask question.
- 10.00 – Godliness and the gospel (Ian Parry)
- 11.00 – Refreshments
- 11.15 – Morning seminars
- 12.30 – Lunch (Please bring your own)
- 1.15 – Evangelism and exciting story (John Funnell)
- 1.45 – Afternoon seminars
- 3.00 – Shining like stars (Ben Thomas (North) Adrian Brake (South))
- 4.00 – Finish
Sessions confirmed for 2018
- Godliness and the Gospel – Ian Parry (North and South)
- ‘Shining like stars’
- Evangelism – and exciting story
- Someone to love: singleness and the church family
- Handling Scripture – a seminar for Women
- Don’t go changing, just to please me – handling change in the life of the church
- We are all stars – developing a culture of personal evangelism in your church
- Building for the Gospel – How to achieve your property vision and still sleep at night
- Sharing your home – Hospitality is massive
- A pastor is for life (not just for Sundays) – caring for your pastor
- Too many regulations spoil the broth – health and safety in catering
- Sermon scaffolding – how to structure a sermon
- Sermons: The big idea
- Hot potatoes
- All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for … youth
- The IT question – understanding and using IT in youth culture.
Kids work track
- Show them Jesus: teaching the Bible to young hearts!
- Using Songs with Children
- Ian Parry
- Andy Pitt
- Phil Swann
- Elspeth Pitt
- Pete Campbell
- Robert Thomas
- Pat Norbury
- Peter Milsom
- John Funnell
- Adrian Brake
- Ben Slatter
- Trevor Condy
- Ben Thomas
- Anne Orphan
- Kevin Davies
- Dafydd Jones
- Rebecca Gethin
- Steffan Job
Booking and pricing – click here