Whatever your leadership role in church … we want to support you.
A day to challenge, equip and encourage those who have a leadership role in church be that as a pastor, elder, officer, youth or children’s leader.
Made to shine – the Church flourishing in gospel days
Main Speaker – Ian Parry,
North Wales – 20 January @ Sure Hope Church, Colwyn Bay
South Wales – 27 January @ Union Campus,Bridgend
The Days are an opportunity for:
- Honest and practical Biblical teaching
- Fellowship with other gospel leaders
- Fresh ideas to help and inspire
- Interactive sessions with opportunities to discuss and ask questions
- Tailored sessions to all leadership roles
- Experienced and knowledgeable speakers
- Hear what is going on in other parts of the country
- Resources to help and equip in ministry
Why a training day?
Being a leader of a church is a big responsibility. We are called to hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, to care for the church and to live a life above reproach. We are aware of our own weakness, but are also confident that God has given us everything we need for this great task. At the conference there will be faithful teaching through preaching sessions and seminars. We warmly invite you to join us at the Church leaders training day. It will be a day of biblical training, honest Christian advice and warm fellowship. Put simply – it will be a day to help you.
The day is for those who have a leadership ministry in a church be that as a pastor, elder, officer, youth leader or any other role that leads. Churches often bring a number of their officers and elders to make the most of the day. It is also a great way of encouraging fellowship between each other and between gospel churches.
Where and When?
We run two days (one in the North 20 January and one in the South 27 January)
What is the structure of the day and how does it work?
The day is split up into five main sessions. The first and last sessions are preaching services where everybody joins together to worship God and listen to his word.You will be part of a smaller group during the middle two sessions as you have a choice of a different track (Church leaders, children or youth worker) and different seminars within those tracks. The seminars are interactive giving you an opportunity to share and ask question.
Sessions confirmed for 2018
- Main morning Session – Godliness and the Gospel – Ian Parry (North and South)
- ‘Shining like stars’
- Someone to love: singleness
- Your church and the law
- Hospitality is massive
- Handling Scripture for women
- Handling Change
- Health and Safety in Catering
- Structuring a Sermon
- Personal Evangelism
- Looking after the pastor
- Teaching Bible stories that lead to Christ
- Making and developing resources
- Using Songs with Children
- Ian Parry
- Andy Pitt
- Phil Swann
- Elspeth Pitt
- Pete Campbell
- Robert Thomas
- Pat Norbury