Latest Prayer Letter of the EMW
The EMW sends out a two weekly prayer letter that encourages prayer and shares news of various EMW ministries and gospel projects from around Wales.
To receive this letter, please click here
11 June 2019
One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.
I’m currently sitting in an empty conference room at Bala. Men have started to arrive for the Ministers conference – and within an hour this room will be full of singing praises to God – oh to see the emptiness of our land being filled with praise and worship to God in an even more dramatic way. We need Him to move.
May you know the Lord’s rich blessing this week.
Pray for Wales
- This Saturday, 2-5pm; Heath Evangelical Church in Cardiff will have a stall at a local school fair in Whitchurch Road where the church situated. They’ve never done it before; taking advantage of a local opportunity to state who they are and what they believe, with free literature, small items for children to buy, and hopefully a couple of children’s talks. Pray for this opportunity.
- There is gospel literature sharing in Machynlleth this week by a team of Americans.
Pray for EMW ministries
- Bala Conference.
Please continue to pray for the conference and for the men who are attending. We’re expecting over 80 – they labour hard and care for the church all over the country – we really need to remember these men in our prayers. Many men have not been able to come this year due to personal reasons – many due to responsibilities of caring for family members who are ill. Please pray.
- Camp 7 and the Welsh language Camps
We’ve been encouraged by the take up for our summer camps, with bookings up on last year and most camps fully booked. However, a few camps have a number of places left and we’d appreciate prayers for those places to be filled as it would be a missed opportunity to share the gospel with young people. Please pray for camp 7, led by Paul Watkins and Nicola Edkins, with Sam Oldridge as a chaplain that will take place at Bryn-y-groes during 17-24 August for age 13-16. Pray also for the Welsh language camps taking place during 10-17 of August. Pray that numbers would increase and also pray for all our teams who are busy preparing.
4 June 2019
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ – by grace you have been saved – and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. – Ephesians 2:4-7
Welcome to the new weekly prayer bulletin of the EMW. We hope it will encourage and feed your prayers. Don’t forget to contact us if you have prayer requests that you would like to share with others (reply to this email or follow the link to the portal on the website).
May you know the Lord’s rich blessing this week.
Pray for Wales:
- Mount Elim Church in Pontardawe ran the first of their latest course of Christianity Explored on Sunday evening with several people attending. The other sessions will take place on subsequent Sunday evenings. Please pray for the church and for their pastor Steffan Jones who is leading the sessions.
- Llanelli Free Evangelical Church is holding an evangelistic event on Thursday (6th June) at Costa Coffee in the town. The theme for the evening will be ‘Who’s telling the truth?’. Pray for this great gospel opportunity.
- EMW partnered with local churches and ‘Show Jesus’ last week in the Hay book festival. A brief report can be found online – but please pray for the people who had contact with the team at the event. Pray that the seed that was sown would bring much fruit in the lives of the people. Pray especially for Bethesda Evangelical Church who are based in Hay on Wye – many contacts were made during the week with locals, and we need to pray that these people and for the church. The pastor of the Church is Gordon Bingham.
Pray for EMW Ministries:
- Preparations are ongoing for the Bala Ministers’ Conference to be held at Bryn y Groes next week. The three-day conference is well attended by pastors from all over Wales and is a great opportunity to encourage and serve these men who labour for the Lord. Pray for Phil Swann who will be taking the main sessions (on ‘An enduring Ministry’) and the other speakers – Bob Cotton, Andrew Carter, Paul Wells and Bernard Lewis. Pray especially for the prayer and group sessions – these have been a new development in recent years where the men break to smaller groups to share and pray for each other with the aim of fostering unity and care between leaders in Wales. Pray above everything else that God would work and bless the conference.
- Work is being done in the office this week on the production of a book called ‘Now that I’m a Christian’ by Jonathan Thomas. The book is aimed at young Christians and aims to give basic principles for the Christian life. Pray for this book – that God would use it to equip and encourage young Christians.