The EMW for many years published a Call to Prayer every January that gave some guidance and encouragement to pray for Wales. We are more convinced than ever of the need for prayer and we have therefore expanded and formalised our Call to Prayer and are encouraging Christians to join us in prayer for Wales during the first week of March. Mark Thomas explains a little more about the call:
This Call to Prayer has been issued to encourage God’s people to meet together to pray that God would work with power in our land.
Our land is under pressure: political and economic uncertainty, moral decadence, tensions regarding freedom of speech and expression, and declining awareness of Christian truth. In addition, people are being impacted by a crisis of identity and uncertainty regarding the purpose of life.
While there is much discussion about these things in the public domain, we know that the real need of the hour is for God to work powerfully through the gospel, bringing real, saving transformation to men and women who in turn become salt and light in the world.
We have great cause for thankfulness to God for all the blessings we have received – they are many, and all undeserved, and they flow to us in Jesus Christ. But we also have great cause to call out to the Lord for more of his blessing – the need is great, but “is anything too hard for the Lord?”
To download the prayer letter, scroll to the bottom of the page.
How to get involved?
- Download our prayer guide or contact the North Wales office (above);
- Share the prayer guide with other Christians in your locality.
- Join our prayer mailing list through the website to receive updates.
- Visit one of our prayer meetings on Saturday 2nd March.
- Organise your own prayer meeting for Wales.
The Week of Prayer
A guide is available giving information and guidance on prayer needs for Wales. The guide will be available from this page and can be ordered from the North Wales office. Daily prayer emails will be sent during the week to those who have opted to join our list to receive prayer news (you can opt in here)
The EMW Annual Day of Prayer
- Saturday, 2 March 2019
- We are dependent on God in every way. Without Him we can do nothing, yet we can do all things through Him who strengthens us. Prayer is therefore a vital part of the work of the EMW.
- Several venues throughout Wales will host day long meetings to pray for gospel work in Wales. During the day at each venue information will be shared by various individuals who are involved in gospel work in Wales. Attendees do not have to commit to the whole day, each day will be split into four structured sessions:
- 9.30 – 11.00: Thanksgiving and praise
- 11.00 – 12.30: The need of the Church
- 1.00 – 3.00: The need of our society
- 3.00 – 5.00: Calling on God
- Booking is not necessary.
- North – Bryn y Groes Conference Centre, Bala
- Mid – Alfred Place Baptist Church, Aberystwyth
- South East – Welsh Evangelical Church, Cardiff
- South West – Penuel Baptist Church, Carmarthen
Downloading the prayer guide
CalltoPrayfinal5 – Full Guide
ANrep18easyprint – Easy Print guide (2 sides on A4)
CalltoPrayfinal5_Page1 – Front Page
CalltoPrayfinal5_Page2 – Introduction
CalltoPrayfinal5_Page3 – Instructions
CalltoPrayfinal5_Page4 – Friday
CalltoPrayfinal5_Page5 – Call to Prayer
CalltoPrayfinal5_Page6 – Saturday
CalltoPrayfinal5_Page7 – Sunday
CalltoPrayfinal5_Page8 – Monday
CalltoPrayfinal5_Page9 – Tuesday
CalltoPrayfinal5_Page10 – Wednesday
CalltoPrayfinal5_Page11 – Thursday
CalltoPrayfinal5_Page12 – Information on the EMW