We attend many of Wales’ large events and work nationally:
- because it’s important that the Christian voice is heard at a national level;
- because it’s an opportunity to share the gospel with so many people;
- because it can be difficult for local churches to undertake a large project of this size;
- because it’s an opportunity to train Christians and develop ways of working that can be implemented by the local church.
Our aim when visiting these events is to encourage people to think about spiritual matters and what is important to them. We believe that it’s important to listen so that we can understand the real needs of people and therefore offering a cup of tea and a comfy seat is central to what we do! We’ve experienced so many opportunities to share the gospel when we’ve been respectful and listened to people.
We are very dependent on volunteers and gifts to keep this work going.
Events we attend
- Hay on Wye Book Festival
- The Royal Welsh Show
- Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Llanrwst
We usually have a theme for each mission and we have volunteers who help throughout the week sharing the magazine (Ask). An example can be seen below of what we did in the National Eisteddfod in Anglesey in 2017. Our theme was life – what’s your story?, and the film gives people’s responses.