2023 National Events and Missions
The last two years have shown us how important Jesus’ words were to the disciples after his resurrection “As the Father has sent me, I also send you.” (John 20:21). In the face of changes in society we as Christians find that the gospel message forces us to stand out as Christ had to do. It is so comforting to see Christians across our country standing firm and reaching out in mercy with the gospel of Christ.
Once again this year a team of Christians from different churches will be trying to share the gospel with others in some of our most popular Festivals. Will you partner with us?
Where and When?
- Hay Festival (25-29 May)
- Royal Agricultural Show Builth Wells (24-27 July)
- National Eisteddfod of Wales Tregaron (5-12 August)
What will happen?
Each team will have an experienced leader who will lead a team of Christians in a sensitive and effective way to share the good news of Jesus. This will be done by holding talks, offering refreshments, questionnaires, demonstrations, sharing materials and praying. Our theme this year is ‘Life: What’s your story?’ and we will be encouraging people to think of three words to describe their life (see below a video of the responses received while doing this some years ago)
Why do this?
The work has three main objectives:
- Firstly it is important that we as Christians participate and support major national events in order to be the salt and light of our country.
- Secondly, it is an opportunity to support the churches of Wales by providing training and an opportunity for Christians to share their faith with others. We pray that talent and confidence will be built up and returned to the local situation for the daily use of churches.
- Finally, it is an opportunity to share the gospel with thousands of lost souls who have no connection with a chapel or Christian.
How can you join?
- Pray. This is our main need as we are fully aware that no heart can be changed without God working. We encourage as many Christians as possible to join us in praying for the work (prayer points and reports can be obtained by joining this email list here)
- Donate. If you live near one of the events, we are always looking for accommodation and local people to contribute packed lunches etc. It’s also very expensive to run campaigns at national events. The cost of the three campaigns is estimated to cost the EMW approximately £ 15,000 this year. Donations can be made through the website, post, or by contacting the office directly.
- Step out. If you have a heart for the lost and want to serve God, then please contact us. Sharing your faith does not require a special gift, and you will be given plenty of help during the events ensuring that no-one is pushed to do anything they do not want to do. Whether it’s for a few hours, a day or a whole week – you’ll be particularly welcome on one of our teams. Contact Steffan Job for more information.