To coincide with a number of missions in 2019 we’ve launched a new project called ‘team Bywyd 2019’. This is an opportunity for Christians to pray, develop gifts and support evangelism work in Wales.
Who can join the team?
You don’t have to be a ‘special’ person to join the team – we’re looking for all kinds of people, every age and from every part of Wales. All that we ask is that you are able to sign the doctrinal statement of the EMW and that you have a real living relationship with Jesus. We will ask all candidates to explain how the came to know Jesus personally.
What will be happening?
There are three parts.
- Firstly you will receive resources, support and training with evangelism. The training will not be heavy and there will be no assignments, The support will be given over email, in the training weekend and during the missions.
- Secondly, you will commit to take part in at least two missions during the year (they don’t need to be week long missions – many are just for one day) – dates of missions will be sent to you.
- Thirdly, you will commit to pray for mission work and aim to share news with others in your church.
- The training weekend will take place in Bryn-y-groes on 29 and 30 March (finishing on Saturday evening).
What is the aim?
Our only aim is to nurture disciples of Christ who are confident to share their faith. Evangelism can often be taken as something difficult and something that you need a special gift to do. Whilst we agree that some have particular gifts of evangelism, the Bible is clear that we all need to give a reason for the hope that is in us. Every Christian can share their faith.
We are aiming to bring three key things together:
- Practical support for evangelism;
- An opportunity to share the gospel with others;
- Develop a burden to reach the lost whilst working through the local church.
What is our ethos?
Listening and talking to people about the reality of spiritual things is the main work. As Christians we’ve experienced God and His grace through the work of the cross, and we therefore want others to experience the same forgiveness and relationship with God. We don’t want to preach at people (we’re aware of our own weakness), but we want to point people to Jesus who is the only one who can give life.
How much does it cost?
There is no cost. There will be some costs linked with the training weekend (Roughly £40) and you may need to pay for accommodation and food during some missions.
For more information please contact Steffan Job (email@example.com)