- Booking All bookings must be made online or by post using the official booking form. We will deal with them from 9 March 2020. If booking accommodation, the non-refundable deposit (£45 per adult/youth) must be made in one payment at the time of booking. If booking event passes, full payment must be made at the time of booking. We will confirm your booking, and the final balance payable, with the Group Leader within 28 days (usually by email).
- Group Bookings Groups may only receive sole use of a flat when they have booked all the rooms in the given flat (shown at the time of booking).
3. Final payment The Group Leader must collect the fees of each person in their group and forward one payment to the EMW office by 1 July 2020. If multiple payments or cheques are received, we reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £20 per booking.
If we don’t receive payment by 1 July 2020, we may cancel your booking. We only issue event passes and room keys once we’ve received the final balance.
4. Event passes A conference guide and event passes will be sent directly to the Group Leader in July. Event passes can usually be bought at the conference, but we can’t guarantee availability.
5. Amendments If you need to amend your booking, please contact us immediately. We reserve the right to charge £10 per alteration.
6. Cancellations If you need to cancel your booking, please contact us immediately. Your deposit is not refundable, but we can usually refund some of the balance:
Date Onsite Offsite
Before 1 July 100% total cost (less deposits) 90% total cost
2 July – 3 Aug 50% total cost (less deposits) 50% total cost
4 Aug onwards 0% total cost 0% total cost
We recommend you take out insurance to cover cancellation. Nevertheless, in very exceptional circumstances, we may, at our discretion, be able to offer refunds of up to 75% even for very late cancellations. If you think this applies to you, please let us know when you cancel.
7. Special requirements If you have any special requirements (e.g. for accessibility, or particular needs for your children), please let us know using the ‘Notes’ section when booking.
8. Children Outside: of the children’s groups, children remain the responsibility of their parents/ guardians at all times, and should not be left unattended.
9. Damage Accidental damage to University property should be reported immediately to the University Accommodation Office. We may charge you for any loss or damage.
10. Unacceptable behaviour We reserve the right to terminate your stay without compensation where unreasonable or antisocial behaviour spoils the conference for other guests.
11. Bursaries Available to those on a low income. Please use the ‘Notes’ section if you are applying for a bursary, and send photocopied proof of eligibility with your booking. You may be eligible for a bursary if you qualify for help with NHS costs (see www.emw.org.uk/aberbursaries).
12. Filming/Photography Filming and photography may take place during the conference for use in future publicity material.
13. Data protection Your privacy is taken seriously. Your personal information is used to administer your account and provide the products/services you have requested. Occasionally we will contact you with details of other EMW products/services if you indicate you would like this. You can unsubscribe at any point and we will never pass your information to third-parties.