Booking for the Aber Conference 2023 will open on Wednesday 1 February at 10am.
Please use the following links to make your booking for Aber 2023:
Bookings for accommodation are now closed. Please contact the university direct if you would like to stay on campus. You will need to purchase your event passes through www.emwbooks.com.
- To purchase event passes please visit www.emwbooks.com.
If you would like to receive the booking information in paper form, please contact the EMW North Wales Office:
- 31 Holyhead Road, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2EU, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0800 4647676
Terms and Conditions
- Booking. All bookings must be made online or by post using the official booking form. Bookings will be dealt with from 2 February. If booking accommodation, the non-refundable deposit (£50 per accommodation ticket, or £200 per flat) must be made in one payment at the time of booking. We will confirm your booking and send an invoice for the final balance to the Group Leader within 28 days (if you would prefer a paper copy, please state in the notes section). If booking event passes, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- Group Bookings. Groups will only receive sole use of a flat when they have booked all the rooms in the given flat. The exception is when there are families with children under 18 in the group – we will not add other bookings to your flat, in line with our safeguarding policy. University policy dictates one occupant per room, apart from twin rooms in Cwrt Mawr Flats, or where a child under 5 is sharing with a parent.
- Family and Children Tickets. Children in a family group must be related to, adopted, or looked after by all the adults in the group, and must be 17 or under. Any other children will be charged the child rate. Children under five may share a room with a family member (you will need to bring a travel cot or bed for them).
- Accommodation availability. The accommodation is subject to availability and will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. Please note that your booking is not confirmed until you have received confirmation from the EMW office.
- Final payment. The Group Leader must collect the fees of each person in their group and forward one payment to the EMW office by 30 June 2023 (either paying through the link on the electronic invoice, by bank transfer, or by post). If multiple payments are received, we reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £10 per payment. If we don’t receive payment by 30 June 2023, we may cancel your booking.
- Event passes. Event passes and conference packs will be sent directly to the Group Leader from 9 June, or once payment has been received in full after that date. Event passes can usually be bought at the conference, but we can’t guarantee availability. If event passes are bought from 31 July, they will be available for pick up from the Welcome Desk at the Conference and will not be posted to you.
- Amendments. If you need to amend your booking, please contact us immediately. We reserve the right to charge £10 per alteration.
- Cancellations. If you need to cancel your booking, please contact us immediately. Your deposit is not refundable, but we can usually refund some of the balance:
• Before 1 July – 100% total cost (less deposits)
• 2 July – 2 Aug – 50% total cost (less deposits)
• 3 Aug onwards 0% total cost
• Before 1 July – 85% total cost
• 2 July – 2 Aug – 50% total cost
• 3 Aug onwards 0% total cost
We recommend you take out insurance to cover cancellation. Nevertheless, in very exceptional circumstances, we may, at our discretion, be able to offer refunds of up to 75% even for very late cancellations. If you think this applies to you, please let us know when you cancel.
- Special requirements. If you have any special requirements (e.g. for accessibility, or particular needs for your children), please let us know using the ‘Notes’ section when booking.
- Children. Outside of the children’s groups, children are the responsibility of their parents/guardians at all times and should not be left unattended.
- Damage. Accidental damage to University property should be reported immediately to the University Accommodation Office. We may charge you for any loss or damage.
- Unacceptable behaviour. We reserve the right to terminate your stay without compensation where unreasonable or antisocial behaviour spoils the conference for other guests.
- Bursaries. Available to those on a low income (universal credit or other exceptional circumstances). Bursaries of £50 per person are available, or £90 for family tickets staying in the Cwrt Mawr Flats accommodation. Discounts of 25% can be given on Event Passes. Please send your proof of eligibility (e.g., recent Universal Credit statement) to email@example.com or EMW, 31 Holyhead Road, Bangor LL57 2EU once you have placed your booking.
- Filming/Photography. Filming and photography may take place during the conference for use in future publicity material.
- Data protection. Your privacy is taken seriously. Your personal information is used to administer your account and provide the products/services you have requested. Occasionally we will contact you with details of other EMW products/services if you indicate you would like this. You can unsubscribe at any point and we will never pass your information to third-parties.
Updated 30 January 2023