We warmly invite you to come to the 2020 Aberystwyth Conference organised by the Evangelical Movement of Wales. Please join us in praying that the Lord will meet with us through his Word this August. Whether you come alone, as a family or with a group, the conference offers a week of refreshment in body, soul and mind in one of Wales’ most beautiful seaside towns. These pages should give you all the information you need, but please don’t hesitate to contact one of our offices if you have any further questions.
- Location – Aberystwyth University Campus
- Dates – 8-14 August 2020
- Main Speaker – David Jones
- Booking Opens – 9 March, 2020
- For individuals – Aber is a great place to come on your own. Unlike other conferences, we don’t charge extra for single rooms, so prices start from just £190. Stay onsite and you’ll get your own room with a shared kitchen and living area, which means you get privacy without being isolated. Or stay at one of the B&Bs, campsites or hotels within walking distance of the campus. The fellowship groups (see page 8) also offer an opportunity to get to know other conference-goers in a relaxed setting.
- For families and couples – Aber is perfect for families. There’s plenty to do for children of all ages (see pages 6 and 7), and however many children you have, onsite prices start from £430 for the whole family, or just £245 if there’s only one adult. Or you could book one of the dozens of self-catering cottages in the area — if so, an offsite family pass will cost just £185, or £105 if there’s only one adult.
- For groups – Hundreds of people come to the conference with a group from their church. It’s a great blessing to be able to share what you learn and experience with others from your home church. The campus accommodation is perfect for groups as each person gets a single room, but there’s also a shared kitchen and living area so groups can easily eat together if they wish.
- For everyone – Aber attracts people of all ages from across England, Wales, and further afield. It has a reputation for being warm, welcoming and friendly. If you want to enjoy great Bible teaching in an atmosphere of warm fellowship while enjoying a holiday at the seaside, then Aber is for you!
Each day the highlight is the preaching of God’s Word in the morning and evening. There are also seminars, prayer meetings and several fellowship groups for young people and adults. These groups meet to reflect on and discuss what God has been saying. Some also organise social activities, such as picnics, barbecues, walks and sports’ tournaments. [more information here]
Who’s speaking this year
David Jones is leading the morning Bible Readings from Tuesday to Friday. Other speakers include Sammy Davies, Trystan Hallam, James Muldoon, Sam Allberry, Bill James, Gary Brady, Matt Bownds and others. [more information here]
Families and Children
For families we have a full programme through the week to keep your little ones busy and teach them the Word of God. There are four age related groups for children 6 months to 15 years which meet during the morning sessions Tuesday to Friday. If you would like your children to attend the only thing we ask is that you fill in a consent form preferably on line before the conference so that we can plan for your children’s needs. [more information here]
Booking and accommodation
You can either book to stay on the University campus in the Student accommodation, or you can find your own lodgings in the local area. If you choose to stay on campus there are different types of accommodation to suit your budget together with a generous family discount price to encourage you to bring the whole family. The on-site option includes a pass to all of the meetings through the week. If you choose to stay off-site you simply need to buy a pass to the meetings you wish to attend. [more information here]