- Sibling discount – Each sibling is entitled to one £10 sibling discount only, even if attending multiple camps.
- The Aunt Bessy fund – If you are receiving Income Support, Job Seeker’s Allowance, or Working Tax credit, you can request a bursary from the Aunt Bessie Fund. If you are in receipt of Universal Credit, you may not qualify for the bursary. Bursaries are £50 for Outdoor/Church-based camps, and £80 for Indoor camps. Bursaries from the Aunt Bessie Fund are limited and subject to availability. Requests will only be considered with photocopied proof of eligibility so please enclose this with your booking.
Terms and Conditions
1. Code of conduct
In order that EMW Camps work safely for everyone’s benefit there are rules and standards of behaviour that all campers are expected to abide by throughout the duration of camp.
- All campers are to participate in all activities which include daily services and Bible studies.
- All campers are required to follow the instructions of the team members and activity organisers.
- No camper is to enter the tent/dorm of a member of the opposite sex.
- Any camper who wilfully damages property or another’s belongings will pay for its repair/replacement.
- Alcohol/smoking is not permitted.
- The use of personal portable devices is not permitted.
All campers must sign the declaration (on the booking form) showing their willingness to abide by the code of conduct. Any deliberate and/or consistent refusal to abide by the code of conduct may lead to expulsion from camp without any refund of fees. [more information]
2. Camp bus
If the camp bus is cancelled due to low numbers you will be informed by 28 May 2010 and the bus fee will be refunded in full.
All bookings must be made online. The non-refundable deposit must be paid at the time of booking for the camp (and bus, if required). You will not be asked for the medical information of the child during the initial booking, this is to allow churches and youth groups to book children onto camps.
Bookings will open from 10.00am 4 February 2020 and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. You will receive confirmation of your booking within 28 days which will also include a link to complete the medical and personal information of the camper. Important – failure to provide medical and personal information within the allotted time may result in the child losing their place on camp (including the deposit). You will receive a letter from the Camp Leader 28 days before the camp start date. All correspondence will be sent by email if an email address has been provided (please check your junk mail).
The booking form must be completed fully and truthfully. Booking forms will not be accepted where there are omissions or misleading information. It is your responsibility to inform the EMW Office (before the camp start date) if the medical, educational, behavioural and/or health needs change from the information provided at time of booking.
Payment of the balance must be received by 25 May 2020 and can be made by credit/debit card, cheque or online. You are responsible for ensuring the balance is paid by the due date. If payment is not received by the due date your booking may be cancelled and you will lose the deposit.
Each sibling is entitled to one £10 sibling discount only, even if attending multiple camps. If you are receiving Income Support, Job Seeker’s Allowance, or Working Tax credit, you can request a bursary from the Aunt Bessie Fund. If you are in receipt of Universal Credit, you may not qualify for the bursary. Bursaries are £50 for Outdoor/Church-based camps, and £80 for Indoor camps. Bursaries from the Aunt Bessie Fund are limited and subject to availability. Requests will only be considered with photocopied proof of eligibility.
5. Booking alteration
If you wish to change your booking please contact the EMW Office immediately who will try to meet your request. A charge of £10 will be administered per alteration. Please note places are non-transferable.
6. Booking cancellation
If you wish to cancel your camp and/or bus booking please contact the EMW Office immediately.
Sliding scale of amount refunded when booking is cancelled:
- Number of days before the camp starts: 56 days or more – Amount refunded: Full fees (less deposits)
- Number of days before the camp starts: 55-29 days – Amount refunded: 75% of fees (less deposits)
- Number of days before the camp starts: 28-8 days – Amount refunded: 50% of fees (less deposits)
- Number of days before the camp starts: 7 days – Amount refunded: 25% of fees (less deposits)
- Full fees (less deposit) will be refunded for certified illness on receipt of proof. Please inform the EMW Office immediately then send proof to: EMW Camps, Waterton Cross Business Park, South Road, Bridgend CF31 3UL.
Camps are covered by the EMW’s public liability insurance. It is recommended that all campers take out personal holiday insurance.
8. Data protection
Your privacy is taken seriously. Your personal information is used to administer your account and provide the products/services you have requested. Occasionally we will contact you with details of other EMW products/services if you indicate you would like this. You can unsubscribe at any point and we will never pass your information to third-parties.