Terms and Conditions for EMW Camps 2022
- a) Booking will open at 10am on Wednesday 9th February 2022, and must be made online through the EMW Website.
- b) Bookings will be taken by purchasing tickets for the camp(s) – you will not be required to enter the details of the child(ren) at this point. You may purchase multiple tickets per transaction.
- c) Spaces will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. If a camp is full, you may contact the office to be placed on a waiting list (email email@example.com with the camp you require and the details of the child).
- d) A non-refundable deposit of £30 per ticket will be taken with your initial booking and will enable you to complete the booking process (as detailed below).
- e) A confirmation email will be sent within 10 working days of your booking (if there is a problem, we will notify you as soon as possible).
2. Confirming the Child’s place on Camp
- a) Your confirmation email will contain a link to an online form asking for each child’s information (including personal details, medical information, and if there are any specific needs that we need to be aware of) – this form must be completed by a parent or guardian. You/They will also be given the opportunity at this stage to apply for any bursaries, discounts, to book the camp bus and to choose how the remaining balance will be paid. We ask that this form be completed within 14 days of its receipt, or you may forfeit your camp ticket and lose the deposit.
- b) Within ten working days of our receipt of this form, you will be sent an email confirming the remaining amount to be paid for the camp(s) and payment instructions. The balance must be paid in full by 27th May 2022 (4th April 2022 for the Easter Camp), and can be made by credit/debit card, cheque, online or by monthly instalments (summer camps only).
- c) A letter from the Camp Leader will be sent 28 days before your selected camp(s) containing final arrangements for the event.
3. Camp Bus
- a) If the camp bus is cancelled due to low numbers, you will be informed by 31 May 2022 and the bus fee will be refunded in full.
4. Discounts & Bursaries
- a) Sibling discounts – Each sibling is entitled to one £15 sibling discount. They are only eligible for one discount, even if attending multiple camps.
- b) The Aunt Bessie fund is available for those who are receiving Universal Credit (or equivalent). You may apply for a bursary (£50 for Easter, £65 for outdoor/church based and £110 for indoor) by sending photocopied proof of eligibility to the EMW (firstname.lastname@example.org, or EMW Camps, 31 Holyhead Road, Bangor, LL57 2EU). Bursaries from the Aunt Bessie Fund are limited and subject to availability.
- a) We will be following the guidelines given by the Welsh government at the time of the camp. These will be sent out before the camp to the parent or guardian. If the camp is cancelled prior to its start due to a review of the covid regulations at the time, we will offer a full refund (minus a £10 administrative charge).
6. Amendments & Cancellations
- a) To amend your booking please contact the EMW office immediately. An admin charge of £10 per ticket may be payable. Please note that places are non-transferable.
- b) Cancellations: please contact us immediately if you wish to cancel your booking. A full refund (less the deposit) will be given for cancellations given 28 days before the start of the relevant camp. Cancellations made between 8-27 days before the start of camp will receive a 50% refund (less deposit). We will not be able to refund tickets within 7 days of the start of the camp.
- c) Full fees (less deposit) will be refunded for certified illness on receipt of proof. Please inform the EMW Office immediately, and send proof to: email@example.com, or EMW Camps, 31 Holyhead Road, Bangor LL57 2EU.
7. Code of Conduct
- a) In order that EMW Camps work safely for everyone’s benefit there are rules and standards of behaviour that all campers are expected to abide by throughout the duration of camp:
i) Participation – It is expected that everyone will be involved in the daily programme of activities which includes a daily camp service and group Bible studies.
ii) Safety – For their own safety and that of others, all campers will be required to follow the instructions of the group leaders during all the activities of the camps.
iii) Damage and theft – Wilful damage to a venue’s property or anyone else’s belongings, or any act of theft, will not be tolerated. Any camper who wilfully damages property or another’s belongings will pay for its repair/replacement.
iv) No camper is to enter the tent/dorm of a member of the opposite sex.
v) Alcohol, smoking, etc. – No alcohol or smoking is permitted on any Camp.
vi) Audio equipment – In the interests of safety, good communication and the avoidance of nuisance, the use of any personal audio equipment (e.g. mp3 players, iPods, computer games, or excessive use of mobile phones) will not be permitted.
vii) Cars – We ask that older campers (if arriving in their own cars) do not use their cars during the camp as travel will be provided.
- b) All campers must sign the declaration showing their willingness to abide by the code of conduct. Any deliberate and/or consistent refusal to abide by the code of conduct may lead to expulsion from camp without any refund of fees.
- a) Camps are covered by the EMW’s public liability insurance. It is recommended that all campers take out personal holiday insurance.
9. Data Protection
- a) Your privacy is taken seriously. Your personal information is only used to administer your account and provide the products/services you have requested. We will never pass your information to third parties.