The First minister of Wales announced today that from Monday, (13 July) places of worship will be able to open, subject to following the guidance about coronavirus-safe ways to operate.
We learned from the first few weeks of the lockdown that it is good to work together and share information where possible. Through letting you know what we are aiming to do we hope that you will be able to better plan your response and plug into what we can offer if you feel it is helpful.
- This weekend – We’ll be looking through the draft Welsh Government guidelines and will continue to speak with brothers and sisters in England to learn from their response.
- Next Monday – The guidelines will hopefully be published to churches from the Welsh Government.
- Tuesday (14th) – Our TeamTalk meeting (‘To go back, or not to go back… Is that really the question?’) will be led by Mark Thomas and Meirion Thomas. This meeting will be an opportunity to be aware of some of the spiritual issues surrounding reopening. It would be easy to jump to focus on the mechanics of what we can and cannot do, or to make comparisons of how we are all going to respond to this. However, this session on Tuesday will look at the importance of understanding, respecting and supporting one another in this process.
- Next week – We’ll gather some sample risk assessments and other documents that will be helpful and make them available by the end of the week/beginning of the following week on our website.
- Tuesday (21st) – Our TeamTalk meeting will be led by Kevin Davies who has been working closely with some of the churches in England in the process of reopening. This meeting will look at the mechanics of how we can re-open safely. There will be an opportunity to ask questions and share information.
- There will also be an evening meeting for youth/children work leaders in the next two weeks – more information coming soon.
- We are also working with some of the copyright holders of the hymns we have produced to ensure that we can continue to share and use them in services that are streamed.
By providing this information we hope that it will help your planning. Please feel free to contact us if you think we could be doing something extra to help you. We would also encourage you to contact us if you have any expertise or wish to share resources with other churches.
Above all, let us continue to support each other by praying. At times like these it is good to know that the Lord is in total control and He will work all things for the glory of His Son.