Hear and give ear; be not proud, for the LORD has spoken.
Give glory to the LORD your God before he brings darkness, before your feet stumble on the twilight mountains, and while you look for light he turns it into gloom and makes it deep darkness.
But if you will not listen, my soul will weep in secret for your pride; my eyes will weep bitterly and run down with tears, because the LORD’s flock has been taken captive.
Jeremiah 13: 15-17
We live in a generation where so many people are proud and don’t listen to God and his message of truth and grace. May God give us, his church, a little of the spirit of Jeremiah to weep and pray for those who are captive in sin and judgement.
- On Thursday the pastoral group will be meeting at Aberystwyth. The pastoral group of the EMW contains pastors who represent each geographical area of Wales who come together to pray, share and plan the work of the EMW leaders work. Two points on the agenda for this meeting that need prayer is the Church Training Days and the Bala Ministers Conference in 2020. Please pray for these events and for the men who will be planning.
- The latest edition of Holi/Ask – the evangelistic magazine used in so many missions is being put together this week in the North Wales office. Please pray for Steffan who is leading the project and for all who are contributing. We have many articles this year – testimonies of God’s grace and goodness, gospel presentations, apologetic articles. Finally, please pray for all who will be reading the magazine – may the Lord bless and save them.
- Remember the missions at Merthyr and Llangollen this week (information in last week’s bulletin).
- Please would you pray for Tywyn Baptist Church (Tywyn). Who are planning to start an outreach at local events in the next few months. They are currently holding training sessions on Saturdays. They also ask for prayer for the Christian run youth club (called The Ark) held in Fairbourne village hall on Tuesday evenings.
- Llanelli Free Evangelical Church will be meeting for their latest Café church in Costa Coffee Llanelli on Thursday. Pray for them as they try to reach their community with the gospel.
- The South Wales Revival Conference will be taking place next week at Bridgend. Please pray for the speakers and for God to bless the meetings and give those who attend a sense of prayer for God to work.
- Some North Wales Welsh Evangelical Churches are coming together on Saturday in Bryn-y-groes Bala for their annual conference. Please pray that the Lord would bless the ministry (Steffan Jones is speaking from Pontardawe) and pray for these churches as they try and reach the Welsh speaking communities.