We are having a brilliant week so far on camp 6! We have spent a sunny day at the beach enjoying God’s wonderful creation and each other’s company (even when the officers beat the campers at football). We’re making full use of the grounds here at Pentrenant Hall and have been swimming, completing team challenges, playing volleyball and countless other sports. We are thankful for every one of our campers. They are all getting involved and there is a lovely atmosphere here on camp. We are also thankful for our fantastic team of dedicated officers who are looking to model God’s love in any way they can.
Our chaplain John Funnell has been teaching us from the Beatitudes about life with Christ, true contentment and assurance of salvation. Even though the campers come from a wide variety of backgrounds, it is evident that God is at work in each of their hearts as they engage with what they hear. We are incredibly encouraged by the big questions they are asking and hearing them pray.
- We would value prayer for wisdom and God’s help in how to handle big questions about spiritual issues.
- Please pray for several campers who are struggling with assurance.
- Pray for campers who have professed faith in the Lord Jesus and pray for them as they prepare to go home.
- Give thanks for the real spiritual maturity of returning campers and for their continued growth in their faith.
- Please pray for the happy, positive atmosphere on camp to continue throughout the rest of the week.
Thank you so much for your prayers.
Josh and Grace
God is good! A new camp, a new team and answered prayers. With days of laughter and enjoyment and evenings where campers engage in dorm bible studies, speaking openly with their officers, please continue to pray for these young people as they strive to make a stand for the Saviour. Sunday evening there was rejoicing in Bala and Heaven when a camper came to know the Lord.
Please continue to pray for Jon (Chaplain) as he brings the word to us, that campers will not just encounter Jesus but come to love him as their personal saviour.
Lanny and Nicola