Using the Update Service
If you already have a DBS Certificate for working with children (we cannot accept certificates that are for both working with adults and children), and you are signed up to the Update Service, please complete the DBS Update Service Form below. Please send this in the post to Rebecca Gethin along with your original DBS Certificate (not a copy), and your proof of ID – See ‘List of ID’ below for the correct ID. Please note if your name has changed, you need to complete a new check using the instructions below.
Applying for a new DBS Check
Please complete the following 3 steps.
- Please see below for relevant ‘position applied for’
- Please make sure you sign this form both times
2. Complete the Online Application Form
Click here, click ‘Get Started’, and follow the instructions under Option B. You will need to apply for an Enhanced DBS Check.
Click on the link to apply for a check (thirtyoneeight.org/apply-for-a-check), and use the instructions under Option B to guide you through the form.
Please ensure that you follow the instructions carefully. You will need the following information:
- Organisation Reference: 3566
- Organisation Code: EVANGELICAL3566
- Your position applied for (to be entered on the form):
- For Camp: Children’s Camp Leader (if you are the Leader, Ladies Leader or Chaplain) / Children’s Camp Worker (All other roles on Camp)
- For Conference Children’s Work: Children’s Club Leader / Children’s Club Worker
3. ID Check
Once you have submitted your Self Declaration form and the online application form, you will be invited via an email from ThirtyOne:Eight to complete a digital ID check, which will require your passport and driving license (the address on your driving license must match the address on your application form, or the check will fail).
- If for whatever reason you cannot complete the digital ID check, you will need to send your ID to the North Wales Office, 31 Holyhead Road, Bangor LL57 2EU. Please visit this page for a list of suitable ID. Please get in touch if you need help with selecting the correct ID, or want to check before you send them to us. Please send certified copies of your ID using the Post Office Certification service. We cannot claim responsibility for any original documents which may go missing in the post.
If you have any queries about the above, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Rebecca Gethin’s contact details:
EMW North Wales Office, 31 Holyhead Road, Bangor, LL57 2EU
0800 464 76 76