We feel that we are on the last lap of the building work at Bryn-y-groes – thank you for your continued prayers. The groundwork, plumbing and electrics are being finished off. We are awaiting the front door and stairs to the attic. The kitchens are due to be installed any day. The last few bits of building hopefully will be done in the next three weeks.
We are pleased to announce that the name of the new block will be Bryn Uchaf [some of you might recognise the name as the late John and Mari Jones’ farm at Llanymawddwy. They were kind supporters of EMW ministries, and their home provided retreat to many Christians in the past]. The self contained flat within the building will be called Noddfa.
We will be sad to lose Claire Howe, one of our staff at the end of August. She has been an invaluable asset to us at Bryn-y-groes.
- for safety and good relationships with the contractors over these past months
- for the support and generosity shown to the project
- that the work hasn’t adversely affected recent events at Bryn-y-groes
- that the work will be completed in time for summer activities
- that there won’t be many teething problems as the new developments are used over the summer
- that the new developments will be appreciated, enjoyed and used for God’s glory
- that God would provide staff to replace the shortfall due to Claire’s leaving.
- We hope to have work parties to furnish and move into the new buidling on July 4, 5, 8, 9. Please get in touch with Bryn-y-groes to enquire.
We’re in the process of choosing fixtures, fittings and furniture. Some people have asked us to create a gift list, and we are so encourged by parcels arriving at our door every day! If you would like to contribute in any way, follow the link to our Amazon Gift List (here) . There are large and small items, and even the option of buying gift vouchers.
Extending our work through Increased flexibility and capacity
We are currently in the process of redeveloping the centre by constructing a number of en-suite facilities in the existing bedrooms in the main building and demolishing the old annex building, which is at the end of its useful life, and building a new block in its place. This work is essential to ensure the future of Bryn-y-groes and to increase its capacity and flexibility, thereby extending the work of proclaiming the gospel and supporting Christians in Wales and beyond.
Building the new block will allow us to:
- Offer respite and study opportunities to Christian workers in the new purpose built flat;
- Increase our capacity to offer ground floor accommodation to disabled users of the centre;
- Provide the option of having two groups using the centre at the same time;
- Offer cheaper options to smaller churches and groups (including self-catering options);
- Providing better facilities to existing users;
- Increase the capacity of the centre for camps and conferences.
‘this Development will ensure that we can continue to serve Gospel work in Wales and beyond’
The plans for the new block in detail:
- Self-contained flat and kitchen
- Disabled access en-suite bedroom
- Lounge/meeting room
Top floor facilities
- Seven fully en-suite bedrooms sleeping up to 40 people
Work started on:
- September 2018
…providing a flat to be used as a retreat for Gospel workers will be so valuable’
Supporting the work
Will you pray?
- As with all our ministries we place a big emphasis on prayer. The work is going ahead, but we are fully dependent on God and his leading. Please join us in praying for wisdom and for the funding for the project. You can join the list to receive the prayer/newsletter through clicking
Will you give?
- As with all the developments that have taken place at the centre over the years we are dependent on the wider Christian family to raise funds for the project. You can contribute towards the cost through this website (here) or by sending gifts to the EMW head office.