Extending our work through Increased flexibility and capacity
We are proposing to redevelop the centre by constructing a number of en-suite facilities in the existing bedrooms in the main building and demolishing the old annex building, which is at the end of its useful life, and building a new block in its place. This work is essential to ensure the future of Bryn-y-groes and to increase its capacity and flexibility, thereby extending the work of proclaiming the gospel and supporting Christians in Wales and beyond.
Building the new block will allow us to:
- Offer respite and study opportunities to Christian workers in the new purpose built flat;
- Increase our capacity to offer ground floor accommodation to disabled users of the centre;
- Provide the option of having two groups using the centre at the same time;
- Offer cheaper options to smaller churches and groups (including self-catering options);
- Providing better facilities to existing users;
- Increase the capacity of the centre for camps and conferences.
‘this Development will ensure that we can continue to serve Gospel work in Wales and beyond’
The plans for the new block in detail:
- Self-contained flat and kitchen
- Disabled access en-suite bedroom
- Lounge/meeting room
Top floor facilities
- Seven fully en-suite bedrooms sleeping up to 40 people
Preferred start date
- September 2018
…providing a flat to be used as a retreat for Gospel workers will be so valuable’
Supporting the work
Will you pray?
- As with all our ministries we place a big emphasis on prayer. We are confident that the work needs to go ahead, but we are fully dependent on God and his leading. Please join us in praying for wisdom and for the funding for the project. You can join the list to receive the prayer/newsletter through clicking
Will you give?
- As with all the developments that have taken place at the centre over the years we are dependent on the wider Christian family to raise funds for the project. You can contribute towards the cost through this website (here) or by sending gifts to the EMW head office.
Latest Information – We’re going ahead in September 2018!
Currently the Lord has provided many gifts and pledges towards the estimated total cost of £500,000. In addition the EMW, in God’s goodness, is able to put a significant amount towards the project.
Details as of April 2018
- – Received: £151,930.16
- – Pledged: £81,500
- – estimate of Gift Aid: £7,130
- Total £240,560.16 received towards the project