Latest News 22 March 2019
“Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
What a blessing it is to be able cast ALL our cares on our Heavenly Father – knowing that he cares for us. He invites is to bring all things to him – nothing is out of range of His care. And so we have been encouraged to bring building issues, finishing dates, choice of fittings, challenges of weather etc to God in prayer, and have been amazed at His answers to our prayers. We thank him especially for the peace of mind that comes with resting on his sovereignty.
We’re very thankful that one phase of the work was completed in time for the Welsh Mini Camp at the end of February. The additional 5 en-suite facilities have been completed to a good standard and have been enjoyed by the first guests to use them. We couldn’t have been ready in time were it not for the hard work of the contractors, and the wonderful support of volunteers who came to help us re-assemble beds and finish things off. We really value such practical support as well as your prayers.
The new annexe block is coming along well – the roof is nearly completed and interior walls are well on the way. It’s thrilling to actually see rooms appear! We expect the windows to be fitted very soon. Please pray that guests using the main house this Spring won’t be affected in any way by the building work on site. The building is scheduled to be completed mid May. Please pray that this deadline will be met as we have large groups booked in from early summer onwards, and the new building will be needed.
We’re in the process of choosing fixtures, fittings and furniture. Some people have asked us to create a gift list, and we are so encourged by parcels arriving at our door every day! If you would like to contribute in any way, follow the link to our Amazon Gift List (here) . There are large and small items, and even the option of buying gift vouchers.
We will need practical help at the end of May to assemble furniture and kit out the new building. Please get in touch with Brynygroes if you are available to volunteer. THANK YOU.
– Thank God for answering prayers every step of the way and for what has already been achieved.
– Thank God for all gifts and support.
– Please pray that the finishing deadline will be met.
– Please pray for Robert Adlam (project manager).
– Please pray that we would have wisdom as we choose fixtures and finishings.
Extending our work through Increased flexibility and capacity
We are currently in the process of redeveloping the centre by constructing a number of en-suite facilities in the existing bedrooms in the main building and demolishing the old annex building, which is at the end of its useful life, and building a new block in its place. This work is essential to ensure the future of Bryn-y-groes and to increase its capacity and flexibility, thereby extending the work of proclaiming the gospel and supporting Christians in Wales and beyond.
Building the new block will allow us to:
- Offer respite and study opportunities to Christian workers in the new purpose built flat;
- Increase our capacity to offer ground floor accommodation to disabled users of the centre;
- Provide the option of having two groups using the centre at the same time;
- Offer cheaper options to smaller churches and groups (including self-catering options);
- Providing better facilities to existing users;
- Increase the capacity of the centre for camps and conferences.
‘this Development will ensure that we can continue to serve Gospel work in Wales and beyond’
The plans for the new block in detail:
- Self-contained flat and kitchen
- Disabled access en-suite bedroom
- Lounge/meeting room
Top floor facilities
- Seven fully en-suite bedrooms sleeping up to 40 people
Work started on:
- September 2018
…providing a flat to be used as a retreat for Gospel workers will be so valuable’
Supporting the work
Will you pray?
- As with all our ministries we place a big emphasis on prayer. The work is going ahead, but we are fully dependent on God and his leading. Please join us in praying for wisdom and for the funding for the project. You can join the list to receive the prayer/newsletter through clicking
Will you give?
- As with all the developments that have taken place at the centre over the years we are dependent on the wider Christian family to raise funds for the project. You can contribute towards the cost through this website (here) or by sending gifts to the EMW head office.